Find DUI Defense Lawyer in College Park Maryland 20742
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in College Park Maryland 20742. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Maryland? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Maryland require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in College Park Maryland who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in College Park Maryland or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in College Park will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in College Park MD to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good College Park DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Maryland of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in College Park Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250