Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Colonial Heights Virginia 23834
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Colonial Heights Virginia 23834. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Colonial Heights Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Colonial Heights Virginia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Colonial Heights will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Colonial Heights VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Colonial Heights DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Colonial Heights Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250