Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31908
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Columbus Georgia 31908. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Columbus Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Columbus Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Columbus will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Columbus GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Columbus DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Columbus Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250