DUI Defense Lawyer in Dunedin Florida
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Dunedin Florida. Arrested for a DUI in Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Dunedin Florida who is focused on defending your DUI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers in Dunedin Florida
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Dunedin Florida or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Dunedin will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Dunedin FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Dunedin DUI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Dunedin Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer in Dunedin Explains: Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250