Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Ellijay Georgia 30536
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Ellijay Georgia 30536. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Ellijay Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Ellijay Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Ellijay will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Ellijay GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Ellijay DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Ellijay Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250