Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Fairfax Virginia 22037
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Fairfax Virginia 22037. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Fairfax Virginia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Fairfax Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Fairfax will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Fairfax VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Fairfax DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Virginia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Fairfax Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250