Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Fort Lee Virginia 23801
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Fort Lee Virginia 23801. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Fort Lee Virginia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Fort Lee Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Fort Lee will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Fort Lee VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Fort Lee DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Fort Lee Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250