Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Franklin Georgia 30217
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Franklin Georgia 30217. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Franklin Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Franklin Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Franklin will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Franklin GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Franklin DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Franklin Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250