Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Hahira Georgia 31632
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Hahira Georgia 31632. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Hahira Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Hahira Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Hahira will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Hahira GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Hahira DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Hahira Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250