DUI Defense Lawyer in Homestead Florida
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Homestead Florida. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Homestead Florida who is focused on defending your DUI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers in Homestead Florida
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Homestead Florida or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Homestead will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Homestead FL to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Homestead DUI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Florida of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Homestead Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer in Homestead Explains: Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250