Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Lanham Maryland 20703
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Lanham Maryland 20703. Arrested for a DUI in Maryland? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Maryland require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Lanham Maryland who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Lanham Maryland or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Lanham will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Lanham MD to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Maryland DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Lanham DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Maryland of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lanham Maryland.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250