Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23507
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23507. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Norfolk Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Norfolk will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Norfolk VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Norfolk DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Norfolk Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250