Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23508
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23508. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Norfolk Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Norfolk will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Norfolk VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Norfolk DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Norfolk Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250