Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23523
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23523. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also other consequences because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Norfolk Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Norfolk will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Norfolk VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Norfolk DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Norfolk Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250