Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23551
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23551. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Norfolk Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Norfolk will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Norfolk VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Norfolk DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Norfolk Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250