DUI Defense Lawyer in North Fort Myers Florida
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in North Fort Myers Florida. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in North Fort Myers Florida who is focused on defending your DUI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers in North Fort Myers Florida
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in North Fort Myers Florida or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in North Fort Myers will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in North Fort Myers FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense North Fort Myers DUI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in North Fort Myers Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer in North Fort Myers Explains: Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250