Find DUI Defense Lawyer in North Metro Georgia 30029
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in North Metro Georgia 30029. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in North Metro Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in North Metro Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in North Metro will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in North Metro GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good North Metro DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in North Metro Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250