DUI Defense Lawyer in North Port Florida
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in North Port Florida. Arrested for a DUI in Florida? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in North Port Florida who is focused on representing your DUI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers in North Port Florida
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in North Port Florida or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in North Port will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in North Port FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense North Port DUI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in North Port Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer in North Port Explains: Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250