Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia 23228
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia 23228. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Richmond Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Richmond will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Richmond VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Richmond DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Richmond Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250