Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia 23279
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia 23279. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Richmond Virginia who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Richmond will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Richmond VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Richmond DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Richmond Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250