Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia 23282
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia 23282. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Richmond Virginia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Richmond will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Richmond VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Richmond DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Richmond Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250