Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Rome Georgia 30164
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Rome Georgia 30164. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Rome Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Rome Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Rome will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Rome GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Rome DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Rome Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250