Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Staunton Virginia 24402
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Staunton Virginia 24402. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Staunton Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Staunton Virginia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Staunton will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Staunton VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Staunton DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Staunton Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250