Find DUI Lawyer in Cedar Island North Carolina
Find DUI Lawyer in Cedar Island. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Cedar Island NC? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
Why You Need a Top-Rated DUI Lawyer in Cedar Island North Carolina
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI lawyers in Cedar Island NC who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
The Importance of Retaining DUI Lawyer in Cedar Island North Carolina
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Cedar Island North Carolina or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced Cedar Island DUI lawyer will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Cedar Island NC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Cedar Island DUI lawyer.
The best practice is to find a top rated lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states including North Carolina require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Cedar Island North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer in Cedar Island North Carolina Explains: Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Car Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Auto Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Auto Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI lawyer in Cedar Island NC
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)