Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Braeside / Woodbine) Alberta T2W
Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Braeside / Woodbine) Alberta T2W. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Alberta require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Calgary (Braeside / Woodbine) AB who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Braeside / Woodbine) or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Calgary (Braeside / Woodbine) will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Braeside / Woodbine) AB to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Calgary (Braeside / Woodbine) DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (Braeside / Woodbine) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone