Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (City Centre / Calgary Tower) Alberta T2P
Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (City Centre / Calgary Tower) Alberta T2P. Arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Alberta require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Calgary (City Centre / Calgary Tower) AB who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Calgary (City Centre / Calgary Tower) or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Calgary (City Centre / Calgary Tower) will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Calgary (City Centre / Calgary Tower) AB to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Calgary (City Centre / Calgary Tower) DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (City Centre / Calgary Tower) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone