Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Connaught / West Victoria Park) Alberta T2R
Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Connaught / West Victoria Park) Alberta T2R. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Alberta require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Calgary (Connaught / West Victoria Park) AB who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Connaught / West Victoria Park) or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Calgary (Connaught / West Victoria Park) will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Connaught / West Victoria Park) AB to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Calgary (Connaught / West Victoria Park) DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Alberta Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (Connaught / West Victoria Park) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone