Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Forest Lawn / Dover / Erin Woods) Alberta T2B
Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Forest Lawn / Dover / Erin Woods) Alberta T2B. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Alberta require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Calgary (Forest Lawn / Dover / Erin Woods) AB who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Forest Lawn / Dover / Erin Woods) or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Calgary (Forest Lawn / Dover / Erin Woods) will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Forest Lawn / Dover / Erin Woods) AB to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Calgary (Forest Lawn / Dover / Erin Woods) DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (Forest Lawn / Dover / Erin Woods) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone