Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) Alberta T3K
Find DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) Alberta T3K. Been arrested for a DUI in Alberta? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a good lawyer for the best outcome.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Alberta require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) AB who is focused on representing your DUI defense case.
The odds of successfully having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Lawyer in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) Alberta or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI Lawyer who knows Alberta Province DWI laws and in most cases will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) AB to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) DUI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Most provinces have mandatory penalties of a DUI conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most provinces require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most provinces require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Calgary (Sandstone / Harvest Hills / Coventry Hills / Panorama Hills / Beddington) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250