Find DUI Lawyer in Canso region (Havre Boucher) Nova Scotia B0H
Find DUI Lawyer in Canso region (Havre Boucher) Nova Scotia B0H. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Nova Scotia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Canso region (Havre Boucher) NS who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Canso region (Havre Boucher) or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Canso region (Havre Boucher) will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Canso region (Havre Boucher) NS to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Nova Scotia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Canso region (Havre Boucher) DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Nova Scotia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Canso region (Havre Boucher) Nova Scotia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone