Find DUI Lawyer in Lethbridge North Alberta T1H
Find DUI Lawyer in Lethbridge North Alberta T1H. Arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Alberta require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Lethbridge North AB who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Lethbridge North or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Lethbridge North will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Lethbridge North AB to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Lethbridge North DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lethbridge North Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone