Find DUI Lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast Alberta T1K
Find DUI Lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast Alberta T1K. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Alberta require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Lethbridge Southeast AB who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Lethbridge Southeast AB to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Lethbridge Southeast DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lethbridge Southeast Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone