Find DUI Lawyer in Mainland east shore (Lunenburg) Nova Scotia B0J
Find DUI Lawyer in Mainland east shore (Lunenburg) Nova Scotia B0J. Arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Nova Scotia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Mainland east shore (Lunenburg) NS who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Mainland east shore (Lunenburg) or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Mainland east shore (Lunenburg) will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Mainland east shore (Lunenburg) NS to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Nova Scotia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Mainland east shore (Lunenburg) DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Nova Scotia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Mainland east shore (Lunenburg) Nova Scotia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone