Find DUI Lawyer in Medicine Hat Central Alberta T1A
Find DUI Lawyer in Medicine Hat Central Alberta T1A. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Alberta require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Medicine Hat Central AB who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Medicine Hat Central or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Medicine Hat Central will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Medicine Hat Central AB to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Medicine Hat Central DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Medicine Hat Central Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone