Find DUI Lawyer in Medicine Hat South Alberta T1B
Find DUI Lawyer in Medicine Hat South Alberta T1B. Arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Alberta require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Medicine Hat South AB who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Medicine Hat South or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Medicine Hat South will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Medicine Hat South AB to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Medicine Hat South DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Alberta Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Medicine Hat South Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone