Find DUI Lawyer in North Vancouver Southwest British Columbia V7P
Find DUI Lawyer in North Vancouver Southwest British Columbia V7P. Arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in North Vancouver Southwest BC who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in North Vancouver Southwest or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in North Vancouver Southwest will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in North Vancouver Southwest BC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense North Vancouver Southwest DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in North Vancouver Southwest British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone