Find DUI Lawyer in Owen Sound Ontario N4K
Find DUI Lawyer in Owen Sound Ontario N4K. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Ontario require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Owen Sound ON who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Owen Sound or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Owen Sound will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Owen Sound ON to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Ontario DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Owen Sound DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Ontario Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Owen Sound Ontario.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone