Find DUI Lawyer in Richmond South British Columbia V7A
Find DUI Lawyer in Richmond South British Columbia V7A. Arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Richmond South BC who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Richmond South or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Richmond South will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Richmond South BC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Richmond South DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Richmond South British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone