Find DUI Lawyer in Richmond West British Columbia V7C
Find DUI Lawyer in Richmond West British Columbia V7C. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Richmond West BC who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Richmond West or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Richmond West will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Richmond West BC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Richmond West DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Richmond West British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone