Find DUI Lawyer in St. Catharines West Ontario L2W
Find DUI Lawyer in St. Catharines West Ontario L2W. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Ontario require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in St. Catharines West ON who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in St. Catharines West or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in St. Catharines West will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in St. Catharines West ON to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Ontario laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense St. Catharines West DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Ontario Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in St. Catharines West Ontario.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone