Find DUI Lawyer in Stratford North Ontario N5A
Find DUI Lawyer in Stratford North Ontario N5A. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Ontario require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Stratford North ON who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Stratford North or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Stratford North will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Stratford North ON to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Ontario DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Stratford North DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Ontario Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Stratford North Ontario.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone