Find DUI Lawyer in Victoria South British Columbia V8V
Find DUI Lawyer in Victoria South British Columbia V8V. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Victoria South BC who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Victoria South or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Victoria South will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Victoria South BC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Victoria South DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Conditions of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Victoria South British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone