Find DUI Lawyer in West Cape Breton Island (Baddeck) Nova Scotia B0E
Find DUI Lawyer in West Cape Breton Island (Baddeck) Nova Scotia B0E. Arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Nova Scotia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in West Cape Breton Island (Baddeck) NS who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in West Cape Breton Island (Baddeck) or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in West Cape Breton Island (Baddeck) will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in West Cape Breton Island (Baddeck) NS to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Nova Scotia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense West Cape Breton Island (Baddeck) DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Nova Scotia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in West Cape Breton Island (Baddeck) Nova Scotia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone