Find DUI Lawyer in La Junta Colorado
Find DUI Lawyer in La Junta. Arrested for a DUI in La Junta CO? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
Why You Need a Good Lawyer DUI Lawyer in La Junta Colorado
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Colorado require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI lawyers in La Junta CO who is focused on defending your DUI defense.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyer in La Junta Colorado
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in La Junta Colorado or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced La Junta DUI lawyer will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DUI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in La Junta CO to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Colorado laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good La Junta DUI lawyer.
Find an experienced dui lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Colorado Has Mandatory Consequences of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states including Colorado require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in La Junta Colorado.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer in La Junta Colorado Explains: Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Car Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Car Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over 3 years.
- Auto Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI lawyer in La Junta Colorado
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)