Find DUI Lawyer in Southport North Carolina
Find DUI Lawyer in Southport. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Southport NC? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
Why You Need a Top-Rated DUI Lawyer in Southport North Carolina
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in North Carolina require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI lawyers in Southport NC who is focused on defending your DUI defense case.
The Importance of Retaining DUI Lawyer in Southport North Carolina
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Southport North Carolina or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced Southport DUI lawyer will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Southport NC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing North Carolina DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Southport DUI lawyer.
Find an experienced dui lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
North Carolina Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states including North Carolina require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Southport North Carolina.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer in Southport North Carolina Explains: Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Car Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over 3 years.
- Auto Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI lawyer in Southport North Carolina
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)