Find DWI Attorney in El Paso Texas 79901
Find DWI Attorney in El Paso Texas 79901. Arrested for a DWI? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional other actions because of of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI attorney in El Paso TX who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring The Best DWI Attorney
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a Criminal defense attorney. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high penalties and fines,losing driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI attorney in El Paso or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DWI.
The experienced El Paso DWI attorney that will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your best DWI attorney will also know the procedures involving a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DWI attorney in El Paso TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense attorney in El Paso.
The best practice is to find an DWI attorney who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving (DUI) Conviction:
1. DWI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DWI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in El Paso Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
Best DWI Attorney Explains Why You Should Not Go to Trial Without Legal Representation