Find DWI Attorney in Georgetown Texas 78626
Find DWI Attorney in Georgetown Texas 78626. Arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DWI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI attorney in Georgetown TX who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring The Best DWI Attorney
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a Criminal defense attorney. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DWI attorney in Georgetown or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DWI.
The experienced Georgetown DWI attorney that will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your best DWI attorney will also know the legal procedures involved in a DWI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DWI attorney in Georgetown TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense attorney in Georgetown.
The best practice is to find an DWI attorney who practices DWI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a DWI Conviction:
1. DWI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DWI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Georgetown Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Best DWI Attorney Explains Why You Should Not Go to Trial Without a Lawyer