Find DWI Lawyer in Fort Myers Florida 33916
Find DWI Lawyer in Fort Myers Florida 33916. Have you been arrested for a DWI in Fort Myers Florida? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Florida require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Fort Myers FL who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining Find DWI Lawyer in Fort Myers
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Fort Myers Florida or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in Fort Myers will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Fort Myers FL to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Fort Myers DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Most states have mandatory penalties of a drunk driving conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Fort Myers Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DWI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer in Fort Myers Florida 33916
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)