Find DWI Lawyer in Granada Hills California 91344
Find DWI Lawyer in Granada Hills California 91344. Arrested for a DWI in Granada Hills California? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in California require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Granada Hills CA who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining Find DWI Lawyer in Granada Hills
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Granada Hills California or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in Granada Hills will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Granada Hills CA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing California laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Granada Hills DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Most states have mandatory penalties of a drunk driving conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay the fee and begin the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Granada Hills California.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DWI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer in Granada Hills California 91344
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)