Find DWI Lawyer in Greeley Colorado 80634
Find DWI Lawyer in Greeley Colorado 80634. Arrested for a DWI in Greeley Colorado? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Colorado require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Greeley CO who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring Find DWI Lawyer in Greeley
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Greeley Colorado or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in Greeley will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Greeley CO to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Colorado laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Greeley DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Most states have mandatory penalties of a drunk driving conviction:
1. DWI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and begin the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Greeley Colorado.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DWI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer in Greeley Colorado 80634
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)